Extract from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales,1870-72:
PRIVETT, a parish in Petersfield district, Hants; 5 miles W N W of Petersfield r. station. It has a post-office under Alton. Acres, 1, 270. Real property, £1, 819. Pop., 258. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of West Meon, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is good.