The ‘Reads’ were tenant farmers in Newbottle from the early 18th century till the 19th century. More info on village life during this time would be most helpful.
Extract from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72):
NEWBOTTLE, a village and a parish in Brackley district, Northampton. The village stands 2½ miles E of the river Cherwell at the boundary with Oxford, 2¾ N E of Aynho r. station, and 4 W of Brackley; and has apostal wall-box under Brackley. The parish contains also parts of the hamlets of Astrop, Charlton, and Purston.