Grantown-on-Spey (Scottish Gaelic: Baile nan Granndach) is a town in the Highland Council Area, historically within the county of Moray. It was founded in 1765 as a planned settlement on a low plateau at Freuchie beside the river Spey at the northern edge of the Cairngorm mountains, about 20 miles south east of Inverness (35 miles by road).
Originally called simply Grantown after Sir James Grant, on Spey was added by the burgh council in 1898.
Currently taking and adding old photos of properties in the town. Adding information about proprietors and tenants from rentals, census and valuation rolls.
Also building data base of place names for the parish of Cromdale, Inverallan and Advie.